What Information Is Collected.
We group the collection of user information into two categories: personal (“Personal Data”), which is information identifiable to a specific member, and aggregate (“Aggregate Data”), which is general demographic information that does not identify any individual member.
- Information you provide to us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and password, and/or your third party credentials when you create a user account for the Site (your “Account”). If you provide your third party account credentials to us or otherwise sign in to the Services through a third-party site or service, you understand some content and/or information in those accounts (“Third Party Account Information”) may be transmitted into your account with us.
- When you sign up for an Account, we may ask you to answer some questions about yourself or your children. We use this information to personalize and enhance your experience on the Site. Some of the questions we ask you may require you to provide us with your children’s Personal Data, such as the names and birthdays or due dates of your children.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files, product ratings, comments, personal preferences and messages that you store using your Account.
- When you post comments, reviews, testimonials or ratings (“User Content”), the information contained in your posting will be retained by us, and other users will be able to see it. All User Content may be retained by us indefinitely, even after you terminate your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your contact information, such as your name, phone number, and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- Information collected via Technology.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, including your IP address and cookie information. This information is used for fighting spam/malware and also to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services in order to allow us to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, or gather Aggregate Data such as demographic information about our user base as a whole, so we can better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
- Collection of data by advertisers. To support and enhance the Services, we may serve advertisements, and also allow third parties advertisements, through the Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies. To increase the effectiveness of ad delivery, we may deliver a file (known as a “web beacon”) to you through the Services. These advertisements may be served to you based on your activity, or Aggregate Data. We do not provide Personal Data for use outside of the Services.
How We Use Your Information
The Services are designed to help you share information with others. As a result, some of the information generated through the Services is shared publicly or with third parties.
How is this Information Shared
There are certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company.
- Public Profile. Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be publicly displayed in your Profile, such as your name, and profile photo by default. The Reviews you post to the Site are also meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Site and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not include Personal Data in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you may still be able to edit and delete it on the Site, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
Disclosure to Third Party Companies.
We may enter into agreements with companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website, companies with whom we provide certain services, or companies that offer their products and/or services on our website (“Third Party Companies”). We may provide certain Third Party Companies access to Personal Data that we collect from our customers so that we can serve advertisements relating to third party products and services on our Site and elsewhere.
Third Party Websites.
Amendments to this Policy.
Last amended: 03/03/2015